To provide technical leadership for the preparation, design and implementation of sustainable strategic and corporate planning, costing and budgeting.
- Leads the preparation and collation of plans emanating from ministry’s policies and objectives of the sector and facilitate the development and determination of strategies and priorities.
- Ensures the development of the Ministry’s policies for the establishment and operation of planning and budgeting unit in all implementing agencies in the sector.
- Facilitates the integration of the plans and programmes of all implementing agencies in the sector into a well defined national plane.
- Develops short, medium and long term plans and projects for the sector for international funding.
- Develops strategies and corrective measures for transport network activities for implementation in the sector.
- Evolves appropriate market-testing to promote the application of effective competitive tendering procedure.
- Ensures that there exists innovative, flexible and smart cross government/sector policy planning systems processes and procedures to support the ministry’s policy programs.
- Overcome the building and development of transport subject expertise and capacity required to undertake and support the sector PPB system, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and direct the overall organization, operations, services and resources of the PPB Directorate.
- Identify gape or deficiencies in the sector policy plans and programmes and initiate strategies to address and rectify them.
- Provide advice to the ministry’s Sector Departments Agencies and Enterprises to enhance better alignment between sector policies, plans and programmes.
- Designs the development of mechanisms to measure sector policy and strategy effectiveness.
- Plane and direct continuous sector Stakeholders, Development Partners and cross-government engagement and linkages.
- Ensures that Sector Ministerial policies are backed up by appropriate legislations/regulations.
- Manages the performance of staff in the Directorate.